Job Vacancy Announcements
Job Vacancy Announcement
SENIOR CLERK/CIRCULATION SUPERVISOR
David A. Howe Public Library, Wellsville, NY
The Senior Clerk/Circulation Supervisor organizes, implements and directs circulation desk and customer service operations; plans, supervises and implements Reader Advisory, Outreach, and Programming in the adult section; supervises and trains adult section staff, pages, and volunteers; assists library patrons in the use of library services, facilities, and equipment; interprets library policies for patrons and staff; coordinates activities with other department heads; and reports to the director on a regular basis.
The starting salary range for this full-time position is $507.50 - $560.00 weekly, dependent on experience and qualifications. Health and pension benefits available.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Supervises and performs complex clerical library functions
· Prepares clerical procedures and is responsible for training subordinates in library techniques
· Supervises the work of clerical library staff
· Establishes work schedules for library staff
· Maintains documentation for circulation procedures and staff training
· Solves complex clerical, circulation, and patron issues involving the exercise of independent judgment
· Provides information to the public on library policies and procedures
· Creates and delegates the creation of displays and associated print and electronic publicity materials
· Prepares and maintains departmental reports and/or records on a daily or monthly basis
· Performs and monitors Collection Agency interactions
· Compiles reports and statistics as required
· Assigns and reviews the work of subordinate clerical staff
· Maintains and monitors annual distribution of income tax forms
· Oversees and prepares library bulk mailings
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to supervise and train others in performance of work
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of library service
· Thorough knowledge of applicable library clerical terminology, procedures, equipment, and software
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
· Tact and courtesy in dealing with the public and staff
· Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions
· Knowledge of business arithmetic and proper grammar
· Good knowledge of technology and library software
· Exhibit qualities of initiative, good judgment, and adaptability
· High school diploma or possession of an equivalency diploma
· 2 years college preferred
· 2 years library clerical experience
· 2 years supervisory experience preferred
Please email a meaningful cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references to email@example.com. Documents should be sent as Word or pdf attachments. Subject line should read, “Senior Clerk/Circulation Supervisor – David A. Howe Public Library.” Please include your full name, physical mailing address, and primary phone number in the body of the email.
Application deadline is Wednesday, December 18, 2013.
For more information about the library visit us online at www.davidahowelibrary.org.
The Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library, Hammondsport, seeks a part time (10-12hrs. per week, some evenings) library clerk position to perform various office tasks including desktop publishing, web site maintenance and the creation of marketing materials, as well as library patron services. Computer experience is required, with a high level of proficiency in MS Office. Please send letter of interest, resume and either 3 references or letters of recommendation to: Marsha Watson, Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org(preferred) or The Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library, 21 William St. PO Box 395, Hammondsport, NY 14840.